When you have decided the time has come to remodel your Philadelphia bathroom, what are the major issues that must be decided on? Here is my top 5 list for bathroom remodeling in Philadelphia.
- Pick a word or two words to describe how you want your bathroom to look and feel. For example is could be relaxing, fun, elegant, or whimsical. There are a zillion words, but what they will do for you is narrow your choices and guide you in what products to choose.
- To move or not to move? Are you willing to spend the money and the extra time to move around the plumbing fixtures? In a larger bathroom this could be worth it to get the optimal layout for your needs. In a smaller bathroom there might not be that many options and you are better off enhancing the layout you have with better product choices.
- The oh so important budget. I am all about making sure you know how much you are going to spend on your Philadelphia bathroom remodeling before you start demolition. If you are enlisting the help of a designer or a contractor, be sure they have a process in place to help you determine your budget, such as Teknika’s Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum (BSGP) system. You can find out more about this system at http://www.teknikadesigngroup.com/step4budgetreview.py .
- Tile is the key component of the bathroom, in terms of both price and style. Make sure you take the time to learn about all the different types of tile. There are stone, glass, porcelain and ceramic tile, but within those categories the options have exploded. We are doing a lot of bathrooms in large format porcelain tiles and even wood look porcelain tiles. We often use Garden State Tile as a resource and their website can help to get an idea of what is available, http://gstile.com/products/type .
- When selecting products, make sure you spend time on the medicine cabinet. There are so many options here as well. The first choice is do you want a wall mounted or an inset cabinet. See our Facebook and google posts on these options. https://www.facebook.com/teknikadesigngroup or https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/113992733093889497997/+Teknikadesigngroup/posts .
Of course these are only a few of the decisions you will need to make when remodeling your Philadelphia bathroom, but after you make these choices, the rest should be easier. If you want more help, make sure you visit our website, http://www.teknikadesigngroup.com/ .