Posted by Amy
on Jan 21, 2015 in Teknika Design Group
| 0 comments
So what is happening in kitchen cabinet design in Philadelphia in 2015? In general, trends move a little slower in kitchen design than interior design so first let’s talk about what trends are continuing from 2014.
- Gray continues to be “The” color. It has not overtaken white yet, but it is getting closer than any other color ever has. To see some great examples of gray kitchens visit our portfolio page at http://www.teknikadesigngroup.com/kitchenportfolio.py .
- Easier ways to access storage, a universal design approach continues to be a big part of how kitchens are now designed. How can we make better use out of what used to be dead space? Hafele has been a leader in this trend. You can see the latest in kitchen cabinet storage designs for Philadelphia at http://www.hafele.com/us/products/kitchen-cabinet-hardware-accessories.asp .
- Kitchen cabinet design continues to be simple, with clean lines. The look now, however, has evolved into a more furniture like appearance, for both modern and traditional cabinets. In fact the extreme take on this trend has the kitchen almost disappear into cabinetry. Your kitchen would look like a series of tall closets with cooking/refrigeration/sink hidden behind.
- While the look is simple, texture is more important than ever. Kitchens will contain both high gloss white cabinets and cabinets made of barn wood or the backsplash is created using a rougher stone material. This adds warmth and visual appeal to the kitchen.
- Oversized lighting continues to trend. Now, not only are the lights larger, but there could be more of them. Lighting could be the kitchen’s focal point.
- Larger sized tile will be even more important in 2015. This means there will be smaller grout lines which are easier to clean, a user friendly trend.
Unique to 2015 is the following trend:
- Countertops will be darker and less patterned, very neutral. It is a more sophisticated look that can be seen in Cosentino’s new Dekton line.
To find out more how you can incorporate these kitchen and kitchen cabinet trends into your new Philadelphia space, please see our website www.teknikadesigngroup.com for more information.